NSG Opening Ceremony
Opera Estate Celebrated the NSG Opening Ceremony
Monday, 24 February 2020.
The National School Games (NSG) Opening Ceremony was held on Tuesday, 21 January 2020 at the Singapore Sports Hub OCBC Arena.
Opera Estate Primary School organized the school-based Oath-taking ceremony on Monday, 24 February to mark the start of the NSG 2020 and to highlight the roles of different stakeholders [i.e. school leaders, teachers, parents, coaches, officials and students (athletes & spectators)] in ensuring that the NSG is conducted safely, fairly and form positive experiences for all.
The message from Mr Ong Ye Kung, Minister for Education, was read out during our school-based Oath-taking ceremony. The following key messages was read by the respective CCA OICs to our students-athletes:
- Athletes to be well-prepared physically, mentally and emotionally so that they can compete safely & fairly.
- Athletes to put in their best effort in training and competition. At the same time, we learn values and life skills (e.g. problem-solving, communication, decision-making, leadership, teamwork and time-management) through training and competition. These are more enduring than the win or loss of a match or the tournament.
- Athletes to uphold school’s values at all times:
- Athletes compete to win with honour; and lose with grace
- Supporters to demonstrate socially desirable and wholesome behavior at all times i.e. focus on motivating and appreciating the efforts of all players, teachers and officials.
Given the current COVID-19 situation, our school-based Oath-taking ceremony was held in the classrooms by the respective Sports CCAs before the start of our weekly CCA session.
The Oath-Taking by student-athletes were led by the respective Sports CCA Captains:
Athletics – ZOSIA WATKINS (6H)
Floorball – FAHMI BIN SHEIKH ABDUL RAZAK SAN'ANI (6I)
Netball - HANNAH VICTORIA KALLE (6H)
Soccer - ANAY CHADDAH (6G)