Cultural Immersion Programme to Krabi
In 2019, our P5 students went for a Cultural Immersion Trip to Krabi to learn more about our neighbouring countries. It gave them an opportunity to experience what schools are like in other countries as well as learn more about their cultures. The experience gave them a strong sense of rootedness and cultivated in them the OPERA learning dispositions (Open-mindedness. Perseverance. Engagement. Resourcefulness. Awareness).
Cultural Immersion Programme to Vietnam
In OEPS, our P6 students are provided with the opportunity to take part in overseas cultural immersion programme to Vietnam since 2017.
The objectives of the trips are as follows:
- Develop in the students the 21st Century Competencies of global awareness and cross-cultural skills.
- Involve students in a cultural exchange programme through active interaction with pupils in the local school.
- Expose students to Vietnam and sensitise them to the place of Singapore in the World.
In 2019, a group of 24 P6 students were accompanied by 5 teachers to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam in October.
The 4 Day-3 Night trip provided the students with several learning opportunities which include:
- Minh Long 1 Ceramics Showroom: The students explore ceramics art through their own creativity on their own by hands on painting on clay plate or clay bowl.
- Agriculture Village Tour for farm hands-on activities such as rice planting/ farming and Herbs recognition Tour.
- Cu Chi Tunnel
- Nguyen Van Troi Primary School (District 4) for 1/2 Day School Exchange Program.
- Orientation Learning Tour of Ho Chi Minh City
- - The Reunification Palace
- - The Central Post Office
- - The Notre Dame Saigon Cathedral
- - The Saigon Opera House